On Saturday afternoon, the historic first match of the DStv Premiership will kick-off with fixtures scheduled in three parts of the country simultaneously.
DStv joined the PSL as the new sponsor last month.
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest attractions will be the opening act between Kaizer Chiefs and Mamelodi Sundowns at FNB Stadium in Soweto.
There are two more fixtures at 3:30pm on Saturday.
In preparation of the opening weekend DStv Premiership fixtures, the League has outlined some of the health and matchday protocols at stadiums.
Each member club must appoint a Compliance Officer.
Clubs will be required to change jerseys at halftime.
Screening at match venues:
All players, technical members, match officials, medical personnel, support staff, suppliers and television crews must be temperature screened before they enter the stadium.
Moment of silence and applause:
The League will observe a moment of silence for Covid-19 victims followed by applause for frontline workers before kick-off of each match.
• There will be no mandatory water/cooling breaks.
• The normal rules will apply, the match officials will decide as per the rules.
Substitutions and team lists:
• Teams can list 11 players (starting)
• Seven technical team on the bench (5+2)
• Nine (9) substitutes can be named.
• Three (3) substitution opportunities during the game (plus halftime, which isn’t counted as one of the 3)
• Five (5) changes allowed for all DStv Premiership matches
• Five (5) changes allows plus one (1) additional during extra time for Cup matches